Friday, September 17, 2010

How do I procure to use or see more than 2GB run into?

I hold 4GB ram installed on my laptop but only 2GB are showing within windows, someone told me that XP wont support more than 2GB anyway so i tried Vista and Im have the same problem.

How do I procure to use or see more than 2GB run into?

it depends on ur motherboard not wot window u have. 2GB RAM is more than ample, u dont need 4 GB.
Check if they are properly contained by, one time I put RAM in and it didn't show and it simply wasn't all the method in.
Check ure motherboard brochure. There may be ram size limits.
4 gigs ? i didnt even know they hold 4 gigs of ram out but i thought it was only 2 gigs ..
I disagree, because (according to my book) XP supports a max RAM of 4 GB. Obtaining a new authentic XP compact disc may help, but also try Vista, mind though.
More likely is that your motherboard simply doesn't support more than 2GB of hit. Check your computer documentation to make sure it does. Then if it does, check for software and firmware updates for your hardware.
I know next to Windows XP, no matter what the motherboard, the x86 architect would just allow 3gb of ram to be seen/used. Not sure on the specs for Windows Vista though.



P.S. Windows XP will support 4gb of run into, in proposition, the same as it will support a 2 terrabyte complicated drive, but as mentioned above, the x86 architect will support only 3 gb.
Not adjectives motherboards support 4Gb of ram. Check the motherboard doc.



If Vista is on a different workstation, and that's a new electrical device, it should support 4Gb (and maybe 8Gb), but possibly this is not compatible bump.


No comments:

Post a Comment