Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How do you know what open-handed of socket your motherboard have?

I enjoy a very outdated Iwill motherboard and it currently has a AMD Athlon processor but I don't know what nice of socket it fits in. I also hear that with the AMD processors, you can switch out the motherboard lacking having to re-format the computer. Is that true? I would also approaching to upgrade (eventually) to a better processor, but I'd like to supply that I only use the computer for browsing the net, some photo editting and music. Since I don't play PC games I don't want anything to crazy, I don't want to spend unnecissary money on something I don't need. Any info is greatly appreciated!

How do you know what open-handed of socket your motherboard have?

Open the side panel and look over the mother board On it you will find the produce and model #of the mother board Go to that manufacturers trellis site and search for that model # motherboard( out dated or archived models) in attendance you will find what type of processor, The freqency of the processor and if you can upgrade it . If you swap out the same board (no format) If you upgrade to a complex level processor socket board you will also enjoy to get a bright power supply as the old one will not work . You will want to reformat and reinstall operating system, If the operating system is XP, micrsoft will generate you purchase a new licence as they will consider this a different computer You may be better stale looking up computers with out periphials( no monitor, no knob board,no printer etc...Just a good processor,flawless amount of ram, lowwer wrapping up video card and good power supply next to an operating system already installed TigerDirect. com and newegg.com will both have biddable choices for this Good Luck
You might be able to clear the case and the model number should be on the motherboard. Write it down and do a flush in google for a instruction manual.


No comments:

Post a Comment